Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The bruiser

The boy is, officially, a bruiser. Each toddler cohort at daycare has kids who fit various profiles. Margaret, for example, was a sweetheart. Other kids are troublemakers, either for personality reasons or because they're prone to accidents. Teddy falls in the latter category. In addition to his recent chipped tooth, he has banged his head into a table at daycare, leading to an impressive welt on his forehead. And, earlier today, he ran into something that gave him a big shiner. In both cases, I got calls from the daycare folks altering me to the fact that there would be an incident report waiting for me later in the day. It's gotten to the point where I see an external (202) area code call, and I immediately wonder what the boy has managed to do to himself.

No pictures of the boy's wounds which, I know, must perturb fans of the kids. We'll work on getting some up.

No comments: