Sunday, September 7, 2008

More dead fish

Well, our fish managed to hang on for a couple of days before succumbing to some unknown malady. Which, I suppose, is better than two hours for the last batch. Margaret and I checked them out on Tuesday morning, and we saw one of them scooting around, but the other was AWOL. Given that they were pretty good at hiding, we peered around for a while until I spotted one motionless at the back of the fishtank. The next day, we initially couldn't spot the remaining one, but we eventually found it hiding in a plant. I was optimistic that that one might hang on, but the next day it was "sleeping," to quote Margaret. Luckily, her sense of mortality is very limited so she hasn't been troubled by the repeated deaths in our tank. As for the boy, he just wants to eat (and is getting better with "finger foods") and get in trouble, so the fish don't even register with him.

At this point, I'm thinking about buying a test kit to see what, if anything, is wrong with our water. But when I note that we only spent $1.98 on the last pair of fish, we may just try again.

No comments: