Sunday, December 2, 2007

Xmas Tree


We bought a Christmas tree today after driving to Best Buy to pick up a new camera. Margaret was suspicious of the tree at first, but seemed to catch the spirit, although it would be nice if a residual aversion to the tree will remain so that she won't yank it down. And the new camera means.... new photos! Yeah! We haven't quite figured out all of the new camera's tricks so far, but we (really, I) agonized over it for a long time before finally deciding to get a little Canon.

More importantly, Teddie has started to lose standing in my book as the "easy" kid. Last night, Abby went out with some friends, leaving me with the kids. "Sure, no problem," I said. But then he cried for an hour straight. And he continued that behavior today, at which point I realized that he tends to cry a lot. In fact, his sleeping appears to have deteriorated over the last few weeks.

Margaret, on the other hand, was a little champ last night, adding her own commentary to the books that I read (over Teddy's cries) and then cuddling up with me today. Admittedly, she had a 101 degree fever this morning, but that just made her even more cuddly. She collapsed on my chest and slept for an hour this morning which let me read the paper in peace while making occasional requests to Abby. Could you get me a drink? Hand me the phone? Your laptop? Very pleasant!

And Teddy? He cried. And cried some more. Not due to a fever, but because he's a demanding little guy. He did grin and gurgle at his mom this evening. A real sweetheart when he's in her hands. But pass him off to me and he inevitably starts to scream and turn bright red. So I'll take Margaret (ideally with a fever, but also without one) at this point over Teddy. Geez, I'm fickle.


No comments: