Sunday, October 7, 2007

It's go time

Well, folks, we're approaching the arrival of Thing 2. I'm surprisingly calm, probably because, for all of the bruhaha last time, the doctors managed to pull Maggie out with nary a scratch. Then again, I have also come to realize that I recall very little of what it's like to have a newborn around, so I'll probably be in for a rude awakening (quite literally) at some point in the next few nights. But Grandma Mary from IL is here to keep up with Margaret, so we shouldn't have to worry about her for a while.

Posts on this blog will probably be interrupted for a week or so. Or at least will be intermittent, with the key first post being the encounter between Thing 1 and Thing 2. Unless the hospital turns out to have wi-fi access, in which case, since I'll be taking my laptop to the hospital to do some "work," I may feel the call of the blogging muse at some point.

Keep your fingers crossed for us. I'll send out a mass email at some point tomorrow with the end result. By the way, random strangers are again predicting a boy based on the way that Abby's carrying the kid. But that was such a bad prediction last time that I'm leaning towards the new one being a girl. Gentlemen, place your bets.

No comments: