Sunday, March 2, 2008

A pic fix

Since I haven't posted much lately, I've got a bunch for photos for fans of the blog. And some videos too. Most of the photos come from this weekend since it appears that it's easier for us to find and use the camera on the weekends. And a subset of those photos come depict Margaret helping me cook ratatouille. We tried to cook it tonight since I figured that we should try it (I don't think that I've ever had ratatouille), and one of the crucial ingredients, eggplant, is one of those vegetables that I've never been able to enjoy. Like mushrooms. In the end, Abby and I thought that it was pretty good, although we're still not big fans of eggplant. Notably, however, although Margaret "helped" - one of her current favorite words which often does not reflect her actual contribution - during the preparation, she didn't eat any of it and instead focused on the bread.



Here's a video of Teddy doing his thing. Which, admittedly, isn't much at this point.


As for Margaret, here's a video of her doing her Maddie shitck. As loyal readers know, Maddie is currently experiencing some R&R with the CT grandparents to give her a break from the kid. As an aside, she'll be returning in mid-March. I'm happy that she'll be back, but I'm also concerned since Margaret's fussiness hasn't really diminished, so Maddie may still experience some stress. This has led to the following exchange between Margaret and me:

Me: What's your puppy dog's name?
Margaret: Maddie.
Me: Where is Maddie?
Margaret: With Peter. (Sometimes Nancy gets a reference.)
Me: Why is Maddie with Peter?
Margaret: She's sad.
Me: Why is Maddie sad?
Margaret: Margaret fusses.

I am absolutely certain that none of this has sunk in with Margaret. Even still, Abby warns me that Margaret will find herself in therapy someday due to this type of exchange.

No comments: