Saturday, June 9, 2007

"I just give in"

Grandma Mary and Grandpa Dave are in DC for the weekend which led to some reflection about how much better Margaret behaves for them when we're not around. As an example of her behavior when we're present, she tried to stick her foot through the child gate this morning. When Abby said "No!", she sat down, look a bit petulant, threw herself down on the ground, then sat back up and seemed to consider things. Apparently, she concluded that she was upset after all since she stuck out her lower lip, lay back down and began to wail. I later asked my mom whether Margaret had similar temper tantrums when we weren't around. "No," my mom said, "But then, I just give in." Which, I decided, is probably one reason why every kid loves their grandparents so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going through Margaret withdrawal. I need to give her a hug and hear her laugh. It was so great sharing time with you. Never thought my words would be immortalized in a blog...should I ponder before I speak? Give Margaret a huge hug for me. Miss all of you!
Grandma Mary