Saturday, April 21, 2007

A sunny Saturday



Today was a beautiful day in DC, but my post from last night was timely since one of the common themes of the day was Margaret Meltdowns. We had a number of those in which Maggie arched her back, occasionally thrashed on the floor and invariably screamed. Such behavior was lamentable/deplorable/etc. because other than that, we had a pretty nice day.

The key event (beyond the fussing) occurred at Rose Park where we encountered farm animals and corresponding mobs of kids between the age of 0 and 4. Watching all of the kids mill about with their parents in hot pursuit made me really realize how I've entered a new demographic class known as "parent." (One of our childless friends from the dog park told us that she walked around the corner of the park, saw all of the kids, and immediately turned for home.) And for the first time, a parent, in this case the mom of Christopher who was staring at Maddie while sporadically eating the muffin that he was storing on the ground, asked me "Can you watch him for a second while I go find my daughter?" Such responsibility, especially since I can barely handle my own. But I guess that I now have the trustworthy "dad" look. Or perhaps she was really talking to Abby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Margaret, Abby, and rooster all look great. Wish we could have been there.