Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Walk tall



Dear god, the boy can walk. At least, he's starting to walk. This will not end well....



Note also how Margaret refers to Mama as "Abby." Margaret has been referring to her Mama in this way for some time. Abby doesn't like it, but we haven't been able to stop it.

Also, as the video suggests, Margaret loves her books. Especially her Skippyjon Jones books, which are really strange books that involve a Siamese cat who encounters all sorts of odd adventures when he morphs into a Chihuahua. As the reader of many kids books, I've started to learn what works and what doesn't. For example, Margaret and I love the Madeline books, and I can recite the text to my coworkers on demand.

"In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines, lived twelve little girls in two straight lines. In two straight lines they broke their bread. Brushed their teeth and went to bed..."

But it's almost impossible to describe the Skippyjon Jones books. You just have to read them to see how bizarre they really are. By the way, Maggie's cousin Andrew introduced us to Skippyjon Jones, which is very fitting.

This past weekend, we met some of my college friends at a park in suburban Maryland. There we found a carousel and a train. Margaret wasn't too sure about the carousel as she kept grabbing onto me. But both of the kids loved the train. As for our friends, they both work for Bank of America, so we spent some time discussing the turmoil in financial markets. "What the hell is going on?," they asked. "I dunno," I shrugged as we watched our kids running around the playground. (That's not really true, but what could I tell them?)

1 comment:

Biff Speckman said...

I was wondering if it would be okay to call and ask "what the hell is going on". Are you really under a gag order? Or are you just being discreet on your blog?